”Ability determines Capability, Attitude determines Performance, Actions Produce Results!” -Vinnie Schwartz
- What is the difference between AHA and HP-CPR? HP-CPR is a systematic practical application of preforming CPR. This is completed by the use of a BLS-ALS integrated team approach, and is focused around the EMT owning CPR, and minimizing interruptions in CPR at ALL Times.
- So how do I know it works? HP-CPR is measureable, to which improvement can be obtained: “Measure, improve, measure, improve…” defines the essence of ongoing quality improvement. If you don’t measure something you can’t improve it. And once you measure it you will reveal things that need improving. This refers to measuring cardiac arrest events and outcomes (death, survival, neurological recovery). Also, high- performance CPR metrics (CPR density, depth of compression, full recoil, duration of pauses)
- EVERYONE IN V-FIB SURVIVES! Expectations become reality. Of course not everyone in VF will survive out of hospital cardiac arrest, but if there is a mindset that they will, behavior will subtly be altered to make it happen. The crew will work a little harder and not give up. They will assume the patient will make it to the hospital alive and losing a patient in VF is simply unacceptable.
Why become a Certified HP-CPR Regional Trainer? (Target minimum of 2 per region):
- Are you passionate about education and want to make a difference in someone’s life? HP-CPR is a program that other communities across the nation have implemented and are seeing dramatic results following Cardiac Arrest up to 56% survivability in witnessed V-Fib.
- Would you like to impact your local community? There exists incredible variety and diversity among EMS systems. No two systems are the same. Capitalizing on the differing strengths and limitations of every EMS community allows us to impact the community as a whole.
- It’s Not Complicated, but it’s Not Easy: It requires a unified and synchronized approach to obtain success. Through educating Healthcare Professionals, Dispatchers, Law Enforcement and Communities, this can become a reality.
- The Key is Performance! Performance is pinnacle to increasing the chance of success. Only through education and practice can individuals understand how great of a role they play in the chain of survival.
- Is there compensation for becoming a Certified Regional Trainer? Yes, there is compensation for your additional efforts.
- How do I become a Certified Trainer? Contact the Michigan Resuscitation Consortium through the Michigan Rural EMS Network at P.O Box 265 Caro, MI 48723
*MOU with MiResCu and MiREMS to outline the expectations and roles of a trainer. Will become an extension of the MiResCu.
Why become Certified HP-CPR Provider? (Donation of $25 per person):
- Most up to date information
- Data shows that your success rates for ROSC (Return of Spontaneous Circulation) will increase
Why become a partner/affiliate of MiResCu? (pay fee and get discount on cost of MiResCu services):
- Creating a Cardiac Registry
- Can offer HP-CPR to the community co-taught by a local provider and a Certified HP-CPR Trainer.
- HP-CPR for law enforcement
- Provide technical assistance in implementing other Resuscitation Academy System Changes.
- Dispatch Training for assisted HP-CPR
- Participate in Data Collection and Results Project